The Co-operatives Act, No 14 of 2005 provides for the formation and registration of co-operatives, the establishment of a Co-operatives Advisory Board, the winding up of co-operatives and matters connected therewith.
The Co-operative Amendment Act, No 6 of 2013, was signed by the President in August 2013 but the commencement date is still to be gazetted.
The Draft Regulations for the practical implementation of Co-operatives Amendment Act, No. 6 of 2013 as well as the Principles of Good Governance for Co-operatives have been printed in Government Gazettes numbers 39019 (regulations) and 39029 (Principles of Good Governance) on Friday 24 July 2015 for public comment by 4 September 2015.
- Draft Co-operatives Administrative Regulations, 2015 (7Mb PDF)
- Regulations under the Co-operatives Act, 2005 (184Kb PDF)
- 2015 07 24 Draft Principles of Good Governance for Co-operatives (12Mb PDF)
- 2012 02 21 Notice from CIPC
Annexure to Form CR 8 amended to include SAICA (138Kb PDF)
- 2012 08 22 CIPC releases Notice to customers
Operational requirements for lodging co-operative document and collection of document from CIPC (100Kb PDF)
Submissions and comments:
- SAICA Introduction letter on the Draft Regulations for Co-operatives, 2015 (176Kb PDF)
- SAICA submission on the Draft Regulations for Co-operatives, 2015 (200Kb PDF)
- SAICA introduction letter Co-operatives Amendment Bill 17 of 2012 (42Kb PDF)
- SAICA submission on Co-operatives Amendment Bill 17 of 2012 (600Kb PDF)
- SAICA introduction letter on Draft Co-operatives Amendment Bills (42Kb PDF)
- SAICA submission on Draft Co-operatives Amendment Bills (298Kb PDF)