S & L Articles
Thursday, 6 December 2018
Thursday, 1 November 2018
- IFAC TAG webinar on data analytics
This webinar provides insights on how data analytics is being applied in business and the profession, including the skills and competencies required.
Thursday, 4 October 2018
Thursday, 5 April 2018
- RegTech will help transform audit In this recording, Liv Watson highlights that RegTech will allow for audit analytics during the entire year, and a more trusted audit.
- How blockchain might affect audit and assurance This article highlights that although emerging blockchain technology may significantly change financial statement auditing, accounting professionals will continue carrying an important role in the audit.
Thursday, 01 March 2018
Thursday, 1 February 2018
Thursday, 18 January 2018
Thursday, 07 December 2017
- Blockchain, AI, and Accounting Blockchain technology, although most well-known for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, is forecasted to have wide-ranging implications for how data is secured, transmitted, and protected.
Thursday, 09 November 2017
Thursday, 12 October 2017
Thursday, 14 September 2017
- Technology Transforming Audit In this video recording Sue Almond, Head of Audit & Assurance and Partner at Grant Thornton highlights how technology enhances work quality from client acceptance through to risk assessments.
- Ethics and trust in a digital age This article describes that strong ethical behaviour will become more important in the evolving digital age and is a key enabler to building trust.
Thursday, 10 August 2017
Thursday, 13 July 2017
Thursday, 08 June 2017
Thursday, 11 May 2017
- IAASB Data analytics video In this video, IAASB Data analytics task force chair, Robert Dohrer, and working group members discuss matters related to the widespread use of data analytics in audit.
- Cybersecurity requires foresight In this video, President and CEO of the Institute of Management Accountants, Jeff Thomson highlights that having lines of defence in place upfront will prepare an organisation when a cyberattack occurs.
Thursday, 13 April 2017
Thursday, 09 March 2017
Thursday, 09 February 2017
- Audit data analytics: Opportunities and tips In this article, senior financial management specialists from CFRR highlights how technological advances and new software solutions enable auditors to engage in audit data analytics
Monthly SMP Newsletters
- Sep-17 Update on XBRL From July 2018, companies that are required to submit AFS in terms of the Companies Act will submit via XBRL.
- Aug-17 What is Blockchain? Rich de Moll, Vice President, Blockchain Solutions for Finance at IBM Cogitative Process Services explains Blockchain.
Quarterly SMP Newsletters
Seminars and eventsData and analytics – bridging the gap for your business
Comment lettersSAICA Comment Letter on the IAASB’s Request for Input: Exploring the Growing Use of Technology in the Audit, with a Focus on Data Analytics
This is a work in progress so WATCH THIS SPACE
International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
Data analytics has been included on the Agenda for the past IAASB meetings as follows:
IAASB Data Analytics ProjectIssued Documents