Standards and Legislation newsletter
Standards and Legislation news - 6 September 2018
Standards and Legislation news - 2 August 2018
Standards and Legislation news - 5 Jul 2018
* Please read these articles in a Google Chrome browser.
Standards and Legislation news – 7 June 2018
- IOSCO issues Consultation Report The Consultation Report requests feedback on IOSCO's proposed good practices for audit committees to support audit quality. The deadline for comment is 24 July 2018.
Standards and Legislation news – 3 May 2018
- IRBA 2017 Public Inspections Report released The Report is relevant to auditors and other stakeholders, such as boards, audit committees and shareholders, assisting them to have robust discussions around matters affecting audit quality.
- Video recording: Data will drive audit quality In this video Alan Anderson, owner of ACCOUNTability Plus, demonstrates how volumes of data that businesses now produce will allow for higher-quality audits and efficiencies for auditors.
Standards and Legislation news – 5 April 2018
- IFIAR releases 2017 Inspection Findings Survey IFIAR released its sixth annual survey of findings identified by its members in their individual inspections of audit firms affiliated with six large, international audit firm networks.
- RegTech will help transform audit In this recording, Liv Watson highlights that RegTech will allow for audit analytics during the entire year, and a more trusted audit.
- How blockchain might affect audit and assurance This article highlights that although emerging blockchain technology may significantly change financial statement auditing, accounting professionals will continue carrying an important role in the audit.
Standards and Legislation news – 1 March 2018
- 2018 SAICA Audit Back to Basics Seminar This seminar will explain certain basic auditing concepts by referring to the requirements of the standards and how it should be applied through practical examples.
- ACCA: Tenets of a quality audit ACCA's Tenets of a quality audit is built upon the IAASB's Framework for Audit Quality and articulate the features that a quality audit should possess.