Latest developments in the auditing profession
Last Updated Thursday, November 16, 2017 01:49:32 PM
Standards and Legislation
Standards and Legislation newsletter
Standards and Legislation news - 9 November 2017
- Webcast: Blockchain will impact accounting
Rich de Moll, Vice President, Blockchain Solutions for Finance IBM, discusses how the technology will allow accountants and auditors the ability to trust the data Blockchain provides.
Standards and Legislation news - 12 October 2017
- IAASB: ISA 600 Project Update
A publication was issued on the matters that are being considered in revising ISA 600. Revisions relating to group audits are also considered in other IAASB projects.
- Keeping the Audit Profession Attractive
Accountancy Europe gathered views on the audit profession's attractiveness, as well as ideas on keeping it attractive, by interviewing 21 key stakeholders.
Standards and Legislation news - 14 September 2017
- Ethics and trust in a digital age
This article describes that strong ethical behaviour will become more important in the evolving digital age and is a key enabler to building trust.
- Technology Transforming Audit
In this video Sue Almond, partner at Grant Thornton UK LLP, highlights how technology enhances work quality from client acceptance through to risk assessments.
- What are Audit Committees up to?
This article summaries the successes and challenges faced by audit committees of Central and Eastern Europe in discharging their responsibilities.
Standards and Legislation news - 10 August 2017
- Maintaining the Public's Trust
David Stevens, Integrity and Law Manager, ICAEW shares his views on the role played by accountants in maintaining public trust.
Standards and Legislation news - 13 July 2017
- Assurance Guidance Committee Vacancy
SAICA is calling for applications to fill one Small and Medium Practice vacancy of the Assurance Guidance Committee. Applications close 11 August 2017.
- IRBA Root Cause Analysis of Inspection Findings: Information Session
The video recording and presentations of this information session is available on the SAICA website.
Standards and Legislation news - 8 June 2017
- Data & Analytics and Audit - a powerful connection
In this article Peter Russell, Australian National Head of Audit Data & Analytics, KPMG highlights that as audit delves into data to bring even greater assurance to organisations and markets, it can also bring attention to performance, risk and regulation issues.
Standards and Legislation news - 11 May 2017
- Cybersecurity requires foresight
In this video, President and CEO of the Institute of Management Accountants, Jeff Thomson highlights that having lines of defence in place upfront will prepare an organisation when a cyberattack occurs.
- IAASB Data analytics video
In this video, IAASB Data analytics task force chair, Robert Dohrer, and working group members discuss matters related to the widespread use of data analytics in audit.
Standards and Legislation news –IRBA Inspection Findings and update on NOCLAR (23 March 2017)
Standards and Legislation news – Sectional Titles, Implementation of Regulations and Auditor Reporting (March 2017)
- SAICA Communication – Auditor Opinions in terms of Management Rule 26(5)(c) of the Sectional Titles Schemes Management Regulations, 2016 (March 2017) (740Kb PDF)
- SAICA FAQs – Sectional Titles and Community Schemes Ombud (March 2017) (140Kb PDF)
- Chief Ombud’s Circular No. 1 of 2017 on the Implementation of the Sectional Titles Schemes Management Act and Regulations (177Kb PDF)
Additional information with respect to assurance standards and legislation newsletter can be found on electronic newsletter