This conversion route is only available to individuals who
- hold the CPA(K) designation, AND
- have at least 24 months’ work experience after obtaining these designations, AND
- are a graduate, i.e. a holder of a university degree assessed by the SAQA Foreign Qualifications Evaluation and Advisory Services as equivalent to a three year South African Bachelor’s degree.
Persons who hold the CPA(K) designation must write and pass the SAICA APC examination. These persons are not required to complete the Professional Programme for purposes of entry to the APC examination, although it is strongly recommended that they complete this programme.
Individual applicants who can show that they meet the competency requirements of the SAICA Competency Framework may be exempt from the SAICA APC examination. Applications for exemption from the APC must be submitted to Adri Kleinhans at firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the following information:
- Evidence of membership in good standing with ICPAK;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Portfolio of work;
- Evidence from employers and associates of work performed and responsibilities fulfilled;
- Self-evaluation of competence against the prescribed competencies for the SAICA training programme and
- Any other relevant evidence.
If you have any further questions regarding the CA(SA) qualification and these exemptions, please contact Adri Kleinhans at email@example.com.