Kindly read through these requirements thoroughly, before downloading the application form on the link below:
Requirements for application of the Thuthuka bursary
- The learner must be African or Coloured
- The learner must be a South African Citizen
- The learner must obtain atleast 60% on Mathematics (5 or above on the NSC Scale of Achievement) NOT MATHS LITERACY
- The learner must be in Grd12 intending on studying B comm. Accounting
- The learner must be financially needy and will be assessed using the NSFAS MEANS TEST to confirm financial need
- The learner must not be out of Matric/school for more than 2 years.
- To be considered for the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, you are required to register and write the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
The Process of Awarding a Bursary
- The application must have met the above criteria
- The learner must have or be in the process of applying to one of the following tertiary institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce code CB011 )
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus)
Once the learner has met all the above requirements only then will the bursary be provisionally awarded to the learner pending the final Grade 12 results and availability of funding.
The closing date for our bursary is the 30th of April 2016 for the following year.
Our postal address is:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
P.O. Box 59875
Contact centre number 08610 72422
Thuthuka Bursary Application Form and supporting documents (74Kb PDF)