INFORMATION ON WHAT WILL
SAICA developed and approved a competency framework in 2008. This competency framework outlines the competencies expected of a Chartered Accountant (SA) at point of entry into the profession (ie when one is eligible to become a SAICA member). Following an extensive review process, this document was updated in 2014 and is applicable from January 2016 (ITC). This document is for use by:
- Academics (to guide them in preparing their courses);
- Students undertaking an accredited CA stream programme (so that they can have a better understanding of what the CA programme seeks to achieve overall); and
- SAICA Exam candidates preparing for the ITC and APC. ITC exam candidates are also required to read this in conjunction with the ITC examinable pronouncements which are updated and posted on the SAICA website annually.
- Competency Framework 2008 - detailed guidance for the academic programme (1,1Mb PDF)
- Competency Framework 2014 – detailed guidance for the academic programme (579Kb PDF)
- Competency Framework 2014 – summary (242Kb PDF)