29 January 2020 - 30 January 2020
Information on what will be examined
|Candidates must be seated by no later than 7:30am Instructions will be read at 7:40am 8:00 - 8:30 Reading time (30 minutes) 8:30 - 11:00 Writing time (2 1/2 hours)|
Lunch at 11:00am Candidates are advised to bring their own refreshments for lunch.
Candidates must be seated by no later than 12:30pm Instructions will be read at 12:45pm 13:00pm - 13:30pm Reading time (30 minutes) 13:30pm - 16:00pm Writing time (2 1/2 hours)
- Candidates sit in numerical order according to exam number. - An attendance register, on which the candidate's exam number will be pre-printed, will be on the desk. - Candidates must find the desks that match their exam number and ensure that they sit at the correct desk.
In a case where a candidate cannot sit due to outstanding results from university or if they only received the results after 20th of January, the missed opportunity will still count towards the six examination opportunities, as the regulation is based on time and not on the number of attempts at the examination.
Special concession request date
Closing date: 20 October 2019 Click here for the policy and application forms
Online registration dates
1 November - 10 January 2020
London venue candidates
- Candidates who want to register to write the ITC at the London venue should do so by 30 November 2019, so that SAICA can establish the feasibility of the London venue.
- SAICA reserves the right to cancel this venue if the number of candidates who registered to write at this venue is not feasible.
- An additional registration fee will be levied which will be shared by all the candidates who choose to write in London.
- Candidates will be notified on 4 December 2019 of the additional registration fee that is payable.
All amounts are inclusive of 15% VAT
1 November – 10 January 2020
Payment and invoices
- Payment of all invoices must reach SAICA by 13 December 2019.
- In terms of SAICA's examination policy, invoices are issued to each candidate.
- If the invoice should be made out to the candidate's employer, the candidate must request it before 30 November 2019.
After completion and submission of an on-line registration (application)
- A computer generated confirmation that confirms receipt of your registration by SAICA will be emailed. (This does not confirm eligibility to write ITC January 2020)
- If not received within 24 hours, phone the SAICA contact centre – non-receipt could mean that your registration was unsuccessful.
- Check your details – especially the venue you selected – on this confirmation email for correctness
- Advise us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately of any venue changes.
- All other changes can be made, by you, on your SAICA profile.
Admission LetterBy e-mail
- Confirms that SAICA has received your payment and verified your eligibility.
- This confirms your eligibility to write the exam.
- This letter contains your exam number.
- Informs you that an examination confirmation letter has been e-mailed to you.
- Ensure that you provide your correct cell number.
All venue changes to be requested before the 10th of January 2020
Exam results dates
27 March 2020
Entrance (eligibility) requirements
Valid CTA or equivalent
- A candidate must have successfully completed a CTA or equivalent programme accredited by the Initial Professional Development Committee of SAICA.
- Only a CTA obtained from 2017 and onwards is valid to sit for the ITC 2020.
- ITC June 2020 will be the last sitting for individuals who obtained their CTA in 2017.
- Open book assessments.
- NO writing / notes, etc., is allowed in the SAICA handbooks which may be brought into the examination.
- ITC Regulations (279Kb PDF)
Click here to see the step by step guide on how to register. Click here to complete the online exam registration.