Conversion from CA(SA) to CIMA
How to activate your route to ACMA designation?
- Submit the documents listed below and the route via which you want to apply to CIMA (10 year experience route or 3-9 years’ experience route).If you are a current or former student of CIMA, you must include your contact ID: (this ID is particularly important when there may be a case of a failed paper and where the principle in place is that students cannot be exempted from papers they have previously failed.Submit your documents to email@example.com
- Allow 2 weeks to receive a response.
- If you are former student of CIMA, lapsed or resigned, you will need to reactivate your account by paying the re-registration fee, this year’s subscription fee, and any fees that were outstanding when you lapsed.
- If you are already an active student of CIMA, you can skip this step.
- Your exemptions will be awarded within 7-14 working days. The fees include your registration fees, tuition, book, mock exam(s) and exam fees.
*To commence with an application for exemptions as a SAICA member, we require the following documents:
- Copy of CA(SA) certificate
- Copy of ID document
- Letter of proof that you are a paid-up SAICA member and
- Completed C1 forms
Once we have all of these documents, your experience will be verified and exemptions will be awarded.
*Experience and exemptions
10+years’ experience (inclusive of articles), should get you 15 exemptions of the 16 exams in the CGMA designation: You will sit only for the Strategic Case Study exam.
3-9 years’ experience (inclusive of articles), should get you 14 exemptions of the 16 exams in the CGMA designation: You will sit for E3 and Strategic Case Study exam. This is of course only to be awarded once all of the above mentioned documents have been received.
Classes and Cost
See attached the cost and class structure for the class of 2018 The timetable attached is to serve as a guideline of the class structure, but dates are applicable to the 1st intake group. The official tuition provider is IBTC. There are direct classes on offer from Sandton branch. Students outside the Johannesburg area, can access the online classes.
1st INTAKE - JANUARY 2018 (applications closed)
2ND INTAKE - AUGUST 2018 (applications from May 2018)