SAICA values your right to privacy and security and therefore treat personal information that is obtained through use of this website, as private, and we are committed to providing you with secure access to our online services.
Types of information we collect
The institute collects personal information about you (‘the information’) in the following ways:-
- When you register as a student on line
- Apply to become a member
- Request certain services or products
- Contact or do business with the institute.
Other personal information may be collected with:-
- CPD enrolment forms
- telephone calls
- letters sent by students
- members and other contacts of the institute and from subscription forms
How we use the personal information we collect
We need to collect personal or other information if we are to meet our obligations to you our member, inform you of new services and developments and fulfill your instructions and other requirements.
If your do not provide the information required you may not be able to become a member or you may not be able to receive the information or service you requested by the method you have requested.
The institute collects the information to provide you with a specific service, which may include but not be limited to the following:-
- Processing your membership application
- Processing your membership renewal
- Sending you information on relevant services, seminars, training and events
- Sending you information on opportunities created for members with other service providers
- Communicating with you on any issues relevant to your membership or transactions with the institute
To whom do we disclose personal information?
- The institute is governed by the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000.
- The Institute will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your consent.
- The Institute will confirm membership of the Institute to members of the public, other professional bodies, and provide contact information to overseas member groups if you are going overseas only if requested by you to do so
- The Institute will provide only such information as is required to suppliers and business partners to enable a particular service to be fulfilled
- The Institute develops aggregate (not individual) reports, which incorporate some of the information. The reports are for use by our business partners or by the Institute to review statistics or analyse trends. However these reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
How will we keep your personal information secure?
The Institute has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control. These security measures include:-
- Firewalls to prevent the hacking of our data base
- Clauses in employee and service provider agreements requiring confidentiality
- Appropriate security access to the Institute premises
- The use of passwords for access to data base information and the use of security levels within the data base to ensure that staff only access the information required to perform their duties
Correcting and updating your profile
The Institute gives you the following options for accessing and modifying information previously provided:-
- You may gain access to information that the Institute has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request
- You can change or update personal information online or you can also advise of changes via telephone, facsimile, e-mail or letter
- Each year members are notified of the information held on file on their subscription form and can amend that information
Contacting the Institute
If you have any questions or complaints about this policy you should contact:-
The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
P O Box 59875