To order click here.
R 250.00 ea - To order click here
This manual has been specially designed as an aid to assist and enrich teachers in the teaching of their subject. Teachers should also use other resource material to supplement these sections in order to be effective and to create a positive atmosphere in the classroom. This manual will help teachers to be more confident when teaching the FET syllabus. It will also ensure that the learners have the necessary tools to reach their potential in the National/Provincial/District Examinations that will be written at the end of each year. Thus, this manual is not a detailed textbook, nor is it a study guide, but rather a form of learning support material designed to help teachers with the implementation of the National Curriculum Statements.
The authors sincerely hope that teachers will find the material useful in their classrooms.
The manual complies with all the Critical and Developmental Outcomes as stipulated in the National Curriculum Statement:
The Critical Outcomes require learners to:
- identify and solve problems and make decisions using critical and creative thinking;
- work effectively with others as members of a team, group, organisation and community;
- organise and manage themselves and their activities responsibly and effectively;
- collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information;
- communicate effectively using visual, symbolic and/or language skills in various modes;
- use science and technology effectively and critically showing responsibility towards the environment and the health of others; and
- demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation.
The Developmental Outcomes require learners to be able to:
- reflect on and explore a variety of strategies to learn more effectively;
- participate as responsible citizens in the life of local, national and global communities;
- be culturally and aesthetically sensitive across a range of social contexts;
- explore education and career opportunities; and
- develop entrepreneurial opportunities.