ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR COMMITTEE (PSC)
The SAICA Board has, in terms of its Delegation of Authority Framework, delegated its powers and authority to the PSC to be the official technical body of the Board in respect of issues relating to public sector. The PSC operates to support SAICA’s vision, mission and overall objectives.
The objectives of the PSC, categorised using the SAICA Strategic Pillars, include the following:
- To promote the accountancy profession's role and responsibilities in the public sector so as to demonstrate the value of the CA(SA) brand and to create awareness of the CA(SA) designation amongst public sector stakeholders and employers.
- To prepare and submit on behalf of SAICA, on a timely basis, meaningful and valuable comments that are technically correct on exposure drafts, draft guidance or on any other discussion documents prepared by stakeholders that has impact in the public sector, taking the views of local commentators into consideration.
- Identify areas of possible improvement in public sector legislation and standards and prepare proactive submission to propose amendments.
Member Delight and Support
- To act as an intermediary between SAICA members and relevant authorities to deal with pertinent issues and to represent the profession within public sector.
- Assist the public sector project team with development and delivery of relevant and high-quality products and services for members in the public sector
Growth and Transformation
- To work together with relevant stakeholders to support public sector capacity building initiatives and establish new initiatives.